Today was my first DIY shot.
It went perfectly. I followed the instructions to a “T” (/dadjoke) and it was absolutely painless. There were about 4 seconds when I looked at the needle pointing at my skin and thought, “Really?” Then I did it. So I guess the self-injection part isn’t really going to be a problem.
So this means it’s my twoweekiversary of being on testosterone. The changes, if any, have been very subtle. First of all, I’m on a half-dose the first month, so that may be part of it. So far what I’ve either noticed or imagined is:
- Harder biceps–they haven’t grown, but they definitely feel much more solid;
- Minor gym gains–until today (before my shot) working out has been a bit easier;
- Voice changes–this is really hard to know because the first week after my first shot I ended up with laryngitis, so if my voice is slightly deeper it may be from that. But it feels deeper or more throaty when I talk;
- Bloating–The first week after my shot, I put on a ton of water weight, which disappeared in the second week;
- Appetite–much higher than usual;
- Exhaustion/wakefulness–much tireder earlier than usual and needing early bedtimes, but I have more energy when I’m awake;
- Calmer–I’ve noticed that I don’t have as much emotional fluctuation under emotionally stressful situations, even the few days before my period;
- Clothes don’t fit–this could be the water weight, being overweight, or muscle, who knows. But yesterday I nearly tore the sleeves off my dress shirt when I was putting it on….possibly I’m becoming the Hulk.
Anyway, I’ll give you comparison pics and vids at the 1 month point.
P.S. Here’s a great resource for self-injection that the nurse who showed me how to inject gave me.